Friday, February 1, 2013

Wittlebee: My Box is Packing and a Brief Review


**UPDATE 2/1/13: My box is now back to processing. I guess I have a bit more of a wait.**

My Wittlebee box is packing, yay! This will technically be my fourth box, and I'm scared and excited all at the same time.

I have been a customer of Wittlebee since September 2012. I think I stumbled upon a review on another blog and thought I would try it. What is Wittlebee you ask? It's a monthly kids clothing subscription service. Wittlebee has been around for awhile, but is probably best known for the boutique brands they advertise as carrying in their boxes. Some examples of these brands are: Trish Scully Child, Kate Quinn, Small Paul, and Tea Collection. They also recently announced a partnership with Threadless.

Wittlebee has been experiencing some growing pains, and going through some big changes lately. Most recently, they announced that they were going to begin charging shipping on their boxes, something that previously was included in the $39.99 monthly price tag. In December 2012 they announced they would be moving all subscriptions to 6 items, and would be trying out an 8 item box at an increased price for families with more than one child. This move came as some of the original members were still receiving boxes with 8 items. I personally only ever had 6 items, so that wasn't a big deal for me.

I think one of the biggest complaints with Wittlebee is the long processing and packing time. I have heard some members have had to wait a month of more from their billing date for their boxes to ship due to low inventory in the size they need. The longest I ever had to wait for a box to ship was 28 days, and that was back in October/November 2012. My current box, that started packing yesterday evening, billed January 17th, so 14 day processing time, and as of yet unknown packing time. Another one of the big announcements made recently was the implementation of a new system where members will be able to pick items to put in their boxes. This will hopefully cut down on the amount of time it takes to get the box, since you will no longer have a stylist personally designing it for you.

Enough talk about Wittlebee, I'm sure you want to see my boxes!


Here is Box One, September 2012:
I sent this box back. I was honestly really disappointed that they sent me two sleeveless items and a terry cloth zip up. I live in the northeast, it was the end of September...those items are not going to work. Further, the leggings were defective, with runs in the fabric in several places, and the floral dress had serious hem issues. I kept the blue long sleeve shirt, was told to keep the two defective items, and sent the rest back for replacement.

Box Two, Replacement Box, October 2012:


The replacement box was much better. My favorite item was the blue LeTop outfit, absolutely gorgeous. I also received a Jupon outfit, Tea Collection top, and a pair of Wittlebee brand leggings.

Box Three, October 2012:


This box was also really great. It contained a Sage Creek Organics dress, shirt, and sweatshirt, all of which I love. It also contained 3 Wittlebee brand items. The heart shirt we use for play time when I don't want her to possibly ruin her nice clothes, the white top is soft and great for layering, and the green long sleeve is a nice basic for the cold winter months.

Box Four, December 2012:

I didn't get a box in November, because both my replacement box and October box did not ship until the middle of that month. At the end of the month members received a letter from the company asking them to please pause their accounts for December while they tried to work out some kinks and get back on track. I complied, for awhile. Then I started seeing beautiful items people were receiving in their boxes and I unpaused my account in the hopes of getting some of those things myself. I was not disappointed when my box arrived, and it shipped 2 days after billing!

This box was great. It contained a pink LeTop dress and matching tights, pink tutu, Threadless constellation shirt, Baby Nay pants, and Baby Nay shirt. It was definitely worth much more than the $40 I paid for it. The only problem is, we don't wear tutus, and I didn't ask for one. The Baby Nay shirt runs small and didn't fit my daughter, and pants run large so she was swimming in them. Great items, I just wish the sizing was right.

This post has become much longer than I anticipated, and for that I apologize. I still have more to say but I will save that for when I post a picture of my January box, which will hopefully be here soon. If you're interested in checking Wittlebee out, please use my referral link. You'll get $10 off your first box and I'll also get a credit for referring you :-)


Disclaimer: All statements, opinions, observations, etc. made above are my own. I was not paid or compensated in any way for this review. I paid for all of the above boxes myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment